DMCC – the world’s flagship free zone and Government of Dubai Authority on commodities trade and enterprise – has announced that the 10th edition of the annual Dubai Precious Metals Conference (DPMC) will be held on 22 November 2022 at Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai.
Over the last decade, DPMC has established itself as one of the most important and highly anticipated events on the international precious metals, gems, and jewellery industry calendar.
This year’s edition will bring together a plethora of speakers and participants from industry, government, regulators, policymakers, traders, exchanges, academia and other stakeholders from across the globe to discuss the most critical challenges and opportunities facing the precious metals industry today.
From the impact of technology, geopolitics and international trade agreements, through to the increasing focus on environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, DPMC 2022 will explore how the gold and precious metals industry can best position itself to capitalise on emerging opportunities.
Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, DMCC, said:
“This year’s Dubai Precious Metals Conference is taking place against a backdrop of a shifting trade landscape and rising interest rates which are having a profound impact on precious metals markets. The UAE is playing a critical role for global industry through reform and mainstreaming supply lines, with the recent adoption of the UAE Good Delivery Standard and support for the artisanal gold mining sector – particularly in Africa. As we mark the 10th edition of the Dubai Precious Metals Conference, DMCC is looking forward to welcoming the world’s leading experts from around the world to Dubai, to share ideas and discuss ways to make global precious metals markets more transparent, efficient and liquid.”
DPMC 2022 speakers include:
- His Excellency Abdullah bin Touq Al Marri, UAE Minister of Economy
- Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman and CEO, DMCC
- David Tait, Chief Executive Officer, World Gold Council
- Arvind Sahay, Chairman, India Gold Policy Centre at IIM Ahmedabad
- Sabyasachi Ray, Executive Director, The Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council, India
- Rhona O'Connell, Head of Market Analysis EMEA & Asia at StoneX Group Inc
- Huang Xia, UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy, Great Lakes Region of Africa
- Chandraprakash D Siroya, Vice Chairman - Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group
- Louis Maréchal, OECD, Sector lead, Minerals & Extractives
- Safeya AlSafi, Director of Anti-Money Laundering Department, UAE Ministry of Economy
- Jeffrey Rhodes, Founder & Managing Consultant, Rhodes Precious Metals Consultancy DMCC
- Güzhan Gülay, Executive Vice President, Borsa Istanbul
- Yang Lu, Director, Metals Products, CME Group
News Source: Dubai Media Office