Dubai Airports has issued simple guidelines for passengers to follow to beat the holiday rush.
- Passengers flying Emirates can use the airline’s convenient home, early and self-service check-in facilities as well as a city check-in option at ICD Brookfield Place in the DIFC area in Dubai and the dedicated facility in Ajman.
- flydubai passengers are advised to arrive at the airport at least 4 hours before the departure time of their flight.
- Passengers flying all other airlines should arrive at DXB no earlier than 3 hours before the scheduled departure time of their flights. DXB recommends using online check-in where available to save time.
- For those travelling with families, children over the age of 12 can use Smart Gates to speed up the passport control process.
- Passengers should be aware of the latest travel regulations for destinations they are travelling to, and to be prepared with all the necessary travel documents before reaching the airport.
- Weighing luggage at home, assembling documents in advance, and being prepared for security checks helps minimises stress at the airport.
- Spare batteries and power banks are considered a safety hazard and are prohibited to be carried in or as checked-in luggage. Passengers must properly pack batteries and power banks and carry them their hand luggage only.
- Travellers can use Dubai Metro to get to and from the airport’s Terminals 1 and 3. Metro operating times are generally extended during Eid holidays.
- Access to the arrivals’ forecourts in both Terminals 1 and 3 is limited to public transport and other authorised airport vehicles only. Those visiting the airport to pick-up guests are advised to use DXB’s designated car parks or valet services to receive their guests in comfort.
- Once at the airport, travellers can enjoy DXB’s world class facilities – including restaurants, duty free shopping, hotel, and exclusive lounge access – before their flight.
News Source: Dubai Airports