Residents can also use the same feature for their vehicle licenses.
Remember when you used to panic as you suddenly realize that you drove off to the Sheikh Zayed Road without your license? Those days are gone because, now, driving licenses have digital versions that are easily accessible.
Dubai's Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) on Thursday reminded residents that they can add their driving licenses to their Apple wallets.
Many motorists in the city do keep a photo of their driving licenses on their smartphones, while some keep the digital card somewhere in their files. This is how most residents store a backup of their licenses just in case the cards are left somewhere.
With the digital card added to iPhone wallets, however, access becomes much easier. One will just have to double-click the side button of their iPhone to open the e-wallet; then, the license will pop up as part of other cards.
Here's how licenses can be added to this iPhone feature:
- Download and open the RTA app.
- When you're using the app for the first time, you'll have to set up your account and link your traffic files (driving license or vehicle license) into the app.
- At the bottom part of the app's home page, you'll find five buttons/icons at the bottom of the home page, choose "My Docs"
- Then open the "My License" tab, where you'll find a digital version of the card.
- Below the card, there's a prominent button that says "Add to Apple Wallet". Click that option and you'll automatically find your license in your e-wallet.
Besides the driving license, you can also do the same thing with your vehicle license. This feature, however, is available only for Apple users at the moment.
News Source: Khaleej Times