The UAE marks Emirati Women’s Day this year is on August 28.
With just two days to go celebrate and acknowledge the special role that women play in our lives, here are some gift ideas and deals to help you along.
From hotel staycations to electronic accessory deals to gift-baskets, there are many offers to choose from this weekend.
Emirati Women’s Day high tea experience
- To mark Emirati Women’s Day this year, Mondoux is inviting those celebrating the day to its JBR branch to explore the world of specialty teas along with some signature desserts. For Dhs40, you can experience a 1.5-hour workshop session, tea and desserts. From 4pm till 5.30pm, open to ladies only.
- High tea: A unique high tea experience has been organised at Farzi Dubai. The two-tier offering, priced at Dh149 for two, will include samosa, tea cake and Indian dessert, along with freshly brewed karak tea.
- Address Dubai Marina is hosting a special edition afternoon tea to mark the occasion. Kambaa at Address Dubai Marina is hosting an afternoon tea featuring delectable snacks and cakes prepared for the occasion, along with a selection of teas and coffee. Dhs190 for two persons. Fri Aug 26 – Wed Aug 31.
Staycation and Spa
- JA Fort Hotel in Hatta has a great deal for women. For just Dh95 per person, the mountainous retreat will be offering a 30-minute aromatherapy massage– a perfect treat for the ladies in our lives. Guests can expect to be refreshed and relaxed. Location: JA Hatta Fort Hotel, validity: Aug 28
- Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah will mark Emirati Women’s Day on August 28 with a special spa and afternoon tea offer priced at Dhs470. The deal includes a 30-minute massage with full use of the spa’s facilities including the steam room and sauna, and an afternoon tea at Peacock Alley. Location: Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah, validity: Valid from Aug 25 – 31.
- A relaxing spa day followed by an afternoon tea is on offer at Raffles The Palm. The award-winning Parisian Cinq Mondes Spa has a 60-minute Oud massage and a henna body scrub deal available for the weekend leading up to the Emirati Women’s Day. The spa session will be followed by an afternoon tea hosted at the iconic Blüthner Hall. Location: Raffles The Palm. Deal: Dhs599 per person which includes a 60-minute massage, body scrub, and afternoon tea. Validity: Fri Aug 26 – Fri Sep 2.
- Umm Al Emarat Park will host 12 female entrepreneurs who will showcase their crafts through textiles, toys, crochet, flowers, food and beverages, and perfumes. Location: Umm Al Emarat Park, Date: Aug 28
- The third edition of Abaya Rally, an all-women car rally demonstrating the message of women empowerment is all set to take place for Emirati Women’s Day at the Dubai Museum of the Future. The all-women fun drive will have over 200 women participating. Open to all, the rally participants will grace the tracks, adorning the abaya, a symbol of strength and identity in the UAE, while they showcase their prowess behind the wheel. Location: Museum of the Future, Date: Aug 27
- Mark Emirati Women’s Day by gifting an exquisite hamper from Café Bateel. Café Bateel has a unique product line-up. Combine and choose to create a hamper from a range of authentic Emirati products. Prices start at Dhs 60.
- Create bespoke hampers with Joi gifts. You can create special hampers combining flowers, cakes, luxury candles and more. Gift items range from Dhs 50 to Dhs 900 and above.
- There’s nothing better than gifting your loved one a special something from amongst Carpo’s rnage of offerings. Choose from an extensive range of products from the brand’s nut range such as roasted and raw macadamia, and pistachio kernels, honey and spreads and an array of dried seasonal fruits including figs, papayas, and more. Prices start from Dh1500. Location: Carpo, at The Fashion Avenue at the Dubai Mall.
If you want to gift something useful, Amazon has some great offers on a range of electronics.
- Echo Dot (5th Gen) smart Bluetooth speaker with an electronic clock and Alexa is on a great offer. Originally priced at Dhs279.99 is now available for Dhs189.99
- Ring Indoor Cam Plug-In Camera by Amazon. Equipped with Wi-Fi smart indoor home security camera, two-way talk, full HD live video the Ring Indoor Cam Plug-In comes with a 30-day free trial of Ring Protect Plan. Originally priced at Dhs249, it is now available for Dhs129.
- Kindle (2022 release) – The lightest and most compact Kindle, now with a 6”, 300 ppi high-resolution display is the perfect gift for a bibliophile. Originally priced at Dhs399 it is now available for Dhs299.
Abu Dhabi hosts week-long celebration for Emirati women
Emirates Palace Mandarin Oriental, Abu Dhabi has launched a whole programme of events, exhibitions, restaurant and spa offers until 31 August. This includes a luxurious spa and afternoon tea package, a one-day-only locally-inspired menu at its latest restaurant, special discounts on day passes, and a stunning exhibition which celebrates Emirati female artistry in collaboration with FBMI.
High tea and spa day
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental and Episodes have joined forces to create a day of fun and wellbeing. Valid until August 31, guests can experience one of two signature 60-minute spa treatments, Le Hammam Maroc or Oriental Essence, before indulging in an afternoon tea session. On the menu are an array of delicious local deserts, French pastries and premium tea leaves.
Taste of home
Lebanese Terrace, Abu Dhabi’s brand-new Levant-style restaurant, is pulling out all the stops with a 3-course set menu inspired by the region. For one day only, on Monday, August 28, diners can choose from a selection of hot and cold starters, authentic main dishes, Emirati deserts and refreshing drinks such as karak tea and mint lemonade. The traditional flavours and inviting atmosphere will make for an unforgettable meal with loved ones, priced at Dhs395 for lunch and dinner.
Emirati art exhibition
In collaboration with Fatima Bint Mohamed Bin Zayed Initiative (FBMI), there will be a showcase for female Emirati artists in the Grand Dome until August 31. The exhibition seeks to commemorate the creativity of local women, whilst raising money to build essential water wells and support the underprivileged communities in Afghanistan, as a way of giving back to the community on this special holiday.
Special day pass
The ultimate pool and beach break awaits women from August 28 to 31. At just Dhs200, access The Palace grounds along with various activities, including a personal training session and aqua-aerobics class.
News Source: Gulf Business