Restaurants in the UAE food market are increasingly deploying technology to enhance their service offerings as well as connect with customers better. A research study has identified digital solutions such as API integration, waiter ordering apps, real-time restaurant reports, and Face ID systems as the most useful tools, in addition to traditional POS (point of sale) terminals.
Syrve MENA, a restaurant management solutions provider, reported on digital and tech trends in the UAE’s food and beverage (F&B) market. Based on data collected from over 1,300+ restaurants and cafes across the UAE, Syrve’s MENA research showcases the reliance on an array of digital solutions among Emirati food and beverage venues.
The top 5 technology solutions identified by the study are:
- API integration with third-party platforms – 89 percent – API integration with third-party platforms emerges as the most useful tech tool for UAE restaurateurs (chosen by 90 percent of study participants), allowing them to tap into e-commerce support partners, and connect with leading delivery services and aggregators.
- Waiters’ mobile terminals for quick order taking – 40 percent – Waiter mobile ordering apps have emerged as one of the most favoured digital tools for the UAE restaurant market enhancing service speed and communication between staff and customers.
- Web and mobile dashboard – Online Reports for Restaurants – 27 percent – Dashboard web-mobile apps with online reports provide real-time analytics and monitoring for restaurant owners on their smartphones.
- Face and finger ID – attendance log and dangerous operation control – 9 percent – Face and Finger ID systems (9%) are in demand for their secure streamlined authentication using biometric data saving restaurants from fraud.
- Call Center – centralized order taking and registration – 7 percent – Internal call centre systems enhance customer service with centralized order-taking and registration, customer data storage, order monitoring, and quality control.
Alexander Ponomarev, Syrve MENA CEO said,
“The UAE is dominating in the Middle East food tech and POS software market due to surging growth of hospitality and food and beverage industry, increasing focus toward the tourism. The evolving market is creating a growing interest in innovative technological solutions and digital transformation and the need for effective management of restaurant operations by using advanced technologies. I believe that these cutting-edge tech solutions will be able to speed up the UAE food industry development opening new possibilities for the restaurateurs.”
According to State of Restaurant Tech Report data, 75 percent of food operators are willing to adopt new technology in the next year. The report adds that this number jumps to 85 percent among fine-dining restaurants.
Additionally, up to 71 percent of restaurants have expressed their intention to boost technology spending in 2023, demonstrating a clear and growing demand for contemporary restaurant technology solutions.
As per global market trends, the Point-of-Sale (POS) software market size is expected to reach $20bn by 2028, growing at 10.6 percent CAGR during the forecast period, according to KBV Research. Restaurants, cafes, and other businesses are being driven to seek new tech solutions and cloud-based POS software to manage cashless transactions, monitor sales and inventory data, and enhance sales strategy using analytics.
News Source: Gulf Business