Policymakers, business leaders, and industry experts from the energy industry will converge in Dubai next week to participate in Middle East Energy, formerly Middle East Electricity.
The event will take place at the Dubai World Trade Centre, from 7th-9th March, under the theme, "Guiding you through the energy transition". It will provide a platform for the global energy industry to discover new products and the latest energy innovations, do business with exhibitors from around the world and provide the opportunity to hear from experts on developing a diverse, digitised and sustainable future.
Focusing on six key sectors -
- Transmission & Distribution
- Smart Solutions
- Renewable & Clean Energies
- Backup Generators
- Critical Power
- Energy Consumption & Management
The event will provide a platform for understanding more about energy alternatives and solutions, including digitalisation, solar, wind, and hydro energy solutions, among others.
Azzan Mohammed, Exhibition Director, Global Energy & Utilities Forum and Middle East Energy, said,
"Middle East Energy has a fundamental role in supporting the global energy community adjust its sustainable strategies as we look to the future and reassess the way we use, produce and consume energy.
"We want to provide a platform whereby the challenges and opportunities of the energy transition can be discussed in detail and where solutions and new technology can be showcased to achieve this global goal."
The conference will be held under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Finance, and is hosted by the Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure.
Five ministry officials are confirmed to speak,
- Yousif Al Ali, Assistant Under-Secretary for Electricity, Water and Future Energy Sector, UAE Ministry of Energy & Infrastructure
- Aisha Al Abdooli, Acting Assistant Under-Secretary for Green Development & Climate Change, UAE Ministry of Climate Change & Environment
- Iqbal Altayer, Director – Technical Supervision (Power & Alternate Energy) Kuwait Ministry of Electricity & Water
- Andrea Di Gregorio, Executive Director – Energy Efficiency & Renewables, Ras Al Khaimah Municipality
- Nawal Yousif Ibrahim Al-Hanaee, Director of Future Energy Department, UAE Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure.
The esteemed speakers will all be participating in the Global Energy & Utilities Forum, which will provide a platform for industry experts to discuss thought leadership, collaboration, and solutions for meeting the energy shift within the sector through a series of high-level strategic panels, technical sessions, roundtable discussions and workshops.
Other conferences taking place during the event include the Intersolar Middle East Conference and the Technical Hub.
The event has also witnessed an uptick in international participation, with a 40 percent growth in visitors from Saudi Arabia rounding out the top three international visitor destinations, including Nigeria and Egypt. Other countries represented include France, Germany, Italy, China, the United Kingdom and the US. Algeria, Morocco, Kenya, Lebanon, Iraq, and Jordan will all be represented from the MENA region.
News Source: Emirates News Agency