The e-visa will allow for tourist stays of up to 90 days in Japan.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan has introduced a new e-visa system for residents of the UAE, Saudi Arabia, as well as nine other countries such as Canada, US, and UK. This new system enables residents of eligible countries to apply online for a tourist visa, granting them e-visas valid for stays of up to 90 days in Japan.
The following nationalities are eligible for the e-visa:
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Applicants must have a clean criminal record and no history of violations or deportations. Dual nationals with Japanese citizenship are not eligible for the e-visa.
To apply for the Japan e-visa, these steps need to be followed:
- Visit the Japan e-visa website.
- Register and create an account using a valid email ID and password.
- Note that PDF data, screenshots, or printouts of the page will not be accepted.
- Verify the necessary visa requirements for visiting Japan.
- Enter the required applicant information.
- Accepted or rejected requests will be notified via the registered email.
- If the request is accepted, a visa fee will be charged.
- Upon successful payment, the e-visa will be issued.
- Travelers from the UK or Singapore can pay the visa fee online, while those applying from other countries will need to visit a Japanese consulate or embassy to pay the fee.
Note: The required documents may vary based on the country of residence and nationality/citizenship.
Conditions for visa image:
- The image must have been taken within six months of the application.
- Reused photos from driver's license, passport, or group photographs will not be accepted.
- The application process may take up to five working days to complete.
It was previously announced that citizens of the UAE are exempt from visa requirements when traveling to Japan, allowing them to enter the country for a maximum stay of 30 days.
News Source: Arabian Business