• Design: Distinct and progressive design offers instantly-recognizable Genesis identity
• Technology: Next-generation, technology-enabled luxury will merge seamlessly into clients’ daily lives
• Safety: Genesis G80’s safety features evolve once-again, with an array of progressive safety technologies that offer uncompromised safety for everyone on the road
• Performance: Brand-exclusive platform increases solidity, performance, fuel economy, luxury
The All-new Genesis G80 made its Middle East & Africa digital reveal premiere today. It represents the third generation of the brand’s executive sedan.
A Luxury Competitor, Regarded for Quality, Safety
Genesis has expanded its presence in the global luxury car market to include the U.S., Canada, Russia, Australia and Middle East and Africa in addition to South Korea. Several recent accolades include:
• J.D. Power Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS): Genesis ranked #1 in 2020 debut appearance
• J.D. Power Initial Quality Study (IQS): Genesis ranked # 1 for two years in a row
• IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK +: TSP+ across entire sedan lineup (G70, G80, G90)
Athletic Elegance Elevated
The story of the G80 begins with the brand’s emblem which inspires the crest grille and Quad Lamps, the distinctive face of every Genesis.
“The All-new G80 is the centerpiece of our lineup perfectly weighing athletic and elegant characteristics. This represents the clearest interpretation yet of the Genesis brand identity,” said SangYup Lee, Senior Vice President, Head of Global Genesis Design. “Our goal is to offer unique, design-inspired experiences for our customers.”
On the side, the Parabolic Line, which begins at the front Quad Lamp and gradually runs lower to the rear through the top of the door, is inspired by the elegant look of several venerable classic cars. This elegant line is counter-balanced by athletic “power lines” emphasizing the strength of fender volume and the upfitted 18 and 19-inch wheels. In addition, the chrome trim beginning from behind the front wheels stretches out along at the bottom of the door, crosses the side sills and swells upwards to the rear, strengthening forward visual motion.
The rear view features a dramatic, tapered look – highlighted by a sloping decklid and rear Quad Lamps which visually link to those in front. Chrome decor at the top of the trunk stretches the full-width repeating the theme of the Genesis emblem, while the dual exhaust finishers reference the Crest Grill design.
The steering wheel and sleek, thin air vents run across the passenger compartment splitting it into the panoramic area above and the control area below. The number of hard buttons and switches was intentionally kept to a minimum, both for aesthetic purposes and ease of use.
In the panoramic area, a heads-up display, a 12.3-inch 3D cluster and a 14.5-inch infotainment system display necessary information while driving.
G80’s leading interior space has been further developed. Both headroom and legroom were increased by lowering the seating height of the second row, allowing for both more interior room and a more dramatic roofline. Completing the space, the G80 features leather seating, steering wheel surfaces, soft-touch fabrics and coatings as well as open pore wood trim finishes.
Dynamic Luxury Begins with a Solid Foundation, Powertrain Innovations
The G80's platform represents a brand-exclusive, third-generation, rear-wheel drive platform with a design that lowers the body and the center of gravity to secure a wider cabin and improved driving stability.
“The All-new G80 brings all the existing strengths from the previous generations all the while upgrading the powertrain, platform and communication system with the state-of-the-art technologies,” said Albert Biermann, President, Head of Research & Development Division at Hyundai Motor Group. “It is a true, authentic Genesis.”
The use of lightweight materials was a distinct focus. Aluminum is used for about 19 percent of the body, reducing the weight by 110 kg compared to the previous one, thus increasing fuel efficiency and performance.
Engineered for world markets and customer needs, the G80 features two powertrains in the Middle East & Africa:
• 2.5-liter turbocharged Inline-4: 304 horsepower (PS), 43. 0 kgf·m torque
• 3.5-liter turbocharged V6: 380 horsepower (PS), 54.0 kgf·m torque
And because performance doesn’t mean acceleration to everybody, acoustic glass is utilized for the windshield and all doors. Similarly, the G80 features improved door sealing, new engine compartment sound insulation and resonant sound-reducing glass to ensure indoor quietness and class-leading, low levels of noise (NVH). In addition, the Electronically Controlled Suspension with Road Preview, enhances ride quality by reducing road impacts using information supplied through the front camera.
Cutting-Edge Safety Technology
In keeping with the brand’s safety platform, G80 applies standard active and passive safety systems, as part of a brand-level engineering commitment to passenger security. State-of-the-art, advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) include:
• Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) : This system may help automatically bring G80 to a stop in certain situations where there is a risk of collision with an approaching vehicle detected on the left or right side of the intersection. G80 may also help detect potential collision risks in certain situations where a pedestrian is detected in close proximity to the vehicle while in motion, for example.
• Blind-Spot Collision Avoidance Assist (BCA) : BCA is essentially a Blind Spot Monitor with active capabilities. BCA helps reduce the chance of potential impact with a moving vehicle and may alert the driver if a vehicle is detected in the driver’s blind-spot.
• Surround View Monitor (SVM) System : Video images of the area surrounding the vehicle can be viewed to assist in safe parking.
• Safe Exit Assist (SEA) System : This system detects vehicles approaching from the rear and cautions passengers about to open the door to exit the vehicle. In addition, it will activate the electronic child safety lock feature to keep the doors closed until the approach vehicle has passed.
• Lane Following Assist (LFA) System : This helps assist steering to keep the vehicle centered in its current lane.
A complement of 10 air bags includes front and side airbags as well as a center airbag, between the front seat occupants, that helps prevent secondary contact between occupants in a side impact
In addition, the Genesis safety platform works to integrate communications between around 40 controllers in real time to help ensure the right response in various scenario.
Next-Generation, Technology-Enabled Luxury
The G80 offers a high level of convenience to drivers with a suite of new technology. Each new feature is focused on further and seamlessly integrating the G80 with its client’s lives. A selection of highlighted features includes:
• The Genesis Touch Controller, located on the center console allows users to control the various infotainment systems easily without having to repeatedly touch any buttons or screens. Its handwriting recognition system helps users set a destination or enter a phone number simply by using handwritings instead of typing into a keyboard.
• The 12.3-inch 3D cluster recognizes the driver's eyes and provides various driving information and can also be converted to 2D screens on the driver's preference.
• The touch-type climate control panel (including haptic feedback), which can control both front and rear seat air conditioning/ heating, features an air purification system that drastically reduces the level of fine-dust in the vehicle through sensors, prefilters and advanced combi filters.
• A 14.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
With an eye toward the senses, luxury-focused items include:
• The driver's seat is equipped with an ergo motion seat function featuring seven air cells, which enables optimum seating for each driving mode and reduces fatigue via a stretching mode and automatic posture correction functions.
• Ambient mood lamps applied throughout the interior add sensitivity to the passenger space in various colors.
• The Lexicon sound system allows passengers to enjoy the vivid sound effects of a concert, such as 'Quantum Logic Surround Audience Mode/Stage Mode,' adding to the joy of listening.
• The rear seats can slide forwards and backwards to adjustment while the seats’ heating and ventilation system is linked to the vehicles speed, which automatically controls the blower speed to provide passengers with more meticulous care. The driver can also easily control heating/ ventilation of all seats via the main climate control panel.
• From a sound standpoint, Genesis has enhanced the engine's sound with its Active Sound Design (ASD), standard on G80 gasoline engines, adding an additional level of customization.
• The dual rear-seat touchscreen displays, allow right and left rear seat passengers to use video and audio inputs independently, enabling them to enjoy content that suits their preferences.
• An automatic, twin-filter air purification system is applied to the G80 which activates an air cleaning mode when cabin sensors detect certain fine-dust thresholds.
The all-new G80 enters the marketplace on November 12th 2020 in Middle East & Africa.
Canonical Link: http://www.dubaiprnetwork.com/PR.asp?PR=149715
© 2017, Global Innovations and WorldPRNetwork.com