The UAE Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE) has introduced a set of seven conditions that private sector organizations and employers must adhere to when hiring foreign workers.
MoHRE shared an instructional video on its official Instagram account, outlining the following conditions:
- The establishment must possess electronic permits.
- The recruited worker must be at least 18 years old.
- Compliance with specific requirements for specialized professions.
- The worker's profession should align with the establishment's field of activity.
- The establishment must hold a valid license.
- The recruitment request must be submitted by the legally authorized representative of the establishment, and a work permit must be obtained.
- No existing work permit should be in place for the worker being recruited.
The ministry offers 12 different types of work permits for registered establishments, each tailored to the specific job type and nature.
It is crucial for individuals to obtain a permit from the UAE Ministry before engaging in any work within the country. Furthermore, recruiting or employing workers without a valid work permit is strictly prohibited.
News Source: MOHRE