As the UAE celebrates its 52nd Union Day on December 2, three emirates have announced up to a 50 percent reduction in traffic fines.
Traffic fine discounts
Fujairah Police has announced a 50 percent discount on traffic violations. Additionally, the discount includes a cancellation of traffic points and on the value of vehicle impoundment.
The Fujairah Police Authority announced the discount starting November 30. The period to avail the discount is 52 days from the date of announcement. Violators also need to know the reduction will be provided as long as it does not include aggravated violations.
The discount can only be applied to violations that have taken place before November 30.
Ras al Khaimah
Ras Al Khaimah’s Department of Public Services has introduced an initiative to slash the value of general fines in the emirate by 50 percent throughout December.
The authority urged violators to pay the fines during the discounted period to ensure they adhere to the laws while alleviating the financial burden placed on them due to the imposed penalty.
Umm al Quwain
The General Command of Umm Al Quwain Police has announced a 50 percent discount on traffic violations in the emirate. The initiative offers a discount on traffic violations committed in the emirate before November 1, 2023.
This discount applies to several violations, excluding severe infractions, and is valid from December 1, 2023, to January 7, 2024.
According to the authority some violations not included under the discount are:
- Driving a vehicle in a way that endangers the life of the driver, the lives of others, or safety.
- Driving a vehicle in a way that would cause damage to public or private facilities.
- Heavy vehicles overtaking at the red light.
- Overtaking the red light by light vehicles.
- Overtaking at the red light by motorcycles.
- Exceeded the maximum speed limit by more than 80 kilometres per hour.
- Making changes to the vehicle engine or base “chassis” without a licence.
News Source: Gulf Business