- The half-day conference will present enlightening sessions and panel discussions in collaboration with Publicis Groupe & TikTok for Business, featuring key opinion leaders from the creative, marketing, advertising, and technology industries.
- The conference is an extension to Communicate’s mission to empower and honor women who have been actively driving change & disrupting the industry.
Communicate, a community-driven platform for MENA’s media, creative, marketing, and advertising industries is proud to host its first-ever Women to Watch Conference. Under the theme of ‘Breaking Through Stereotypes in the Industry,’ the conference aims to challenge gender stereotypes and spark a creative transformation across various sectors in the MENA region to eradicate the gender gap and foster inclusivity.
This half-day conference is scheduled to take place on the 15th June 2023 in Dubai’s Al Habtoor Palace Hotel and will host visionary leaders and change-makers from across the spectrum.
In recent years, the MENA region has come a long way in positioning women as industry leaders and driven professionals, with governments and institutions introducing pioneering reforms and an increasing number of women defying boundaries and pursuing their ambitions.
The Women to Watch Conference endeavours to delve into the current status of these trailblazing women, hailing from diverse industries and start-ups, and explore the paths they have traversed to become who they are today. By providing valuable insights into their experiences, this conference aims to identify and address the persistent presence of gender stereotypes, paving the way for tangible, positive, and transformational change. This event will serve as a catalyst for dialogue on critical subjects, including innovative workshops and Long Table discussions.
The Women to Watch Conference invites individuals from all walks of life who share a passion for exploring how organizational culture can embrace gender equality to fuel innovation and foster growth to participate in the audience. With a diverse line-up of over 30 industry experts who have been instrumental in paving the way for change, attendees will have the opportunity to share their own valuable insights and forge meaningful connections with about 150 peers who have encountered similar experiences in the region.
Formerly known as Marketing to Women, the event has undergone a profound transformation to better align with the evolving landscape and create a safe and inclusive space for tackling the real challenges faced by women in the industry. As a socially conscious organization, Communicate acknowledges its role in fostering meaningful discussions on gender equality, celebrating the accomplishments of women, and driving a progressive agenda.
Distinguished speakers at the conference include:
- Abigail Laursen - Marketing Communications Director, Nestle Middle East
- Lynn Chouman - Managing Editor, Linkedin News
- Sewar Azzouni - Head of Talent Transformation - Middle East & Turkey - Publicis Groupe
- Annie Arsane - Regional Head of Marketing, GBS METAP - TikTok/Bytedance
- Damian Brown - Group Head of Talent, Chalhoub Group
- Amani Al Atat - Client Servicing Director, Memac Ogilvy Riyadh
- Weera Saad - Regional Director of Creative Shop, META
- Sina Port - Head Of Communications, Adidas United Voices, Adidas
- Reem Alattas - Director, Value Advisory - SAP and DataNaut at NASA
- Rachel Dunn - Communications Director MEA (Chair of GWPR), Microsoft
- Suzanne Guzzo - CMO, GM Middle East and Africa
- Joyce Baz - Head of PR & Communication, Google MENA
- Anastasiya Golovatenko, PR Director, Sherpa Communications
- Noha Hefny - Sr. Consultant Strategic Partnerships and Communications, UNWomen
- Injeel Moti - Founder and Managing Director, Catch Communications
The event will feature a series of engaging sessions, including:
- Workshop by UNWomen x Unstereotype Alliance x ABG: Invisible Barriers to Workplace Gender Equality: Women's Perspectives
- The Saudi Experience: How Saudi Arabia is turning the tables for women in creativity
- The Power of Sisterhood: Why and how female mentors and role models have a huge role to play
- Facts and Fiction: A definitive snapshot of the gender gap in the MENA creative and innovation-led industries
- Overworked and Under-Recognized? How to develop a corporate culture that embraces DEI, ensures women's growth, and rewards them appropriately
As a part of Communicate’s approach to empowering women across the region, the platform is also running the ‘Women Who Inspire’ campaign across all its platforms. The campaign presents an invaluable opportunity for professionals, irrespective of their field of work, seniority or designation to recognize and nominate their female colleagues who have served as a wellspring of inspiration, motivation, and personal growth to them. Selected nominees will be duly acknowledged and celebrated on Communicate's influential social platforms.
With a strong commitment to appreciating their remarkable contributions, Communicate aims to extend the reach of these inspiring women through its extensive social media presence. By amplifying the voices and achievements of these incredible women, Communicate seeks to ensure that their impact resonates far and wide, inspiring others and fostering a culture of appreciation and empowerment.
The Women to Watch Conference, driven by Communicate's commitment to fostering positive change, stands as a testament to the organization's dedication to creating an inclusive and equitable landscape for women in the industry.
To register for this event and gain further insights, please visit: https://event.communicateonline.me/women-to-watch/