Several traffic violations could get UAE's motorists a fine of Dh3,000 or more.
According to the Roads and Transport Authority, major infractions could also result in black points on a driver's license and up to a year of vehicle impoundment.
The UAE Unified Federal Traffic Law stipulates the following penalties for motorists' violations in Dubai:
Exceeding maximum speed limit of 80 kilometres per hour for a light vehicle: Dh3,000 + 23 black traffic points + vehicle to be impounded for 60 days and licence to be suspended for a similar period
- Driving a vehicle without a valid number plate for a light vehicle: Dh3,000 + 23 black traffic points + vehicle to be impounded for 90 days
- Driving a heavy vehicle that may cause risk to the driver and others: Dh3,000 + licence to be suspended for a year
- A heavy vehicle that jumps the red light: Dh3,000 + licence to be suspended for a year
- Heavy vehicle causes accidents: Dh3,000 + licence to be suspended for a year
- Driving a leisure bike with three or more wheels: Dh3,000 + 90 black traffic points
- Failure to hand over licence after maximum black traffic points are accrued following third violation: Dh3,000
- If a truck doesn't cover its load: Dh3,000
- If loads spill on the road from a heavy vehicle: Dh3,000
News Source: Khaleej Times