The National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority (NCEMA), in coordination with its main partners, has announced updating the Covid-19 countermeasures from tomorrow, February 26, 2022.
The announcement comes in support of the ongoing efforts at the country level to achieve sustainable recovery while maintaining public health and safety against the background of the continuation of various activities and return to normalcy nationwide.
According to the announcement:
- Mask-wearing is mandatory in public indoor spaces and optional outdoors.
- It's also been decided to cancel the quarantine requirements for Covid-19 contacts. Covid contacts working in all state sectors have to conduct a PCR test daily for five days' time.
- Isolation protocol for infected will continue as previously announced, without any change. The infected, however, will no longer wear wristbands.
At the local level, each emirate has the flexibility to determine the duration of the quarantine period and PCR tests for Covid contacts in their respective sectors and professions, according to the vital sectors in the country, while necessarily maintaining the need to follow precautionary and preventive measures, which include adherence to physical distancing, and mask-wearing at all times.
The authority also approved:
- Return of the pre-pandemic time intervals between prayer calls and the iqaamah.
- Return of Noble Qur’an books to mosques in a limited number on the condition of being sterilised after each prayer.
- The current one-metre distance between worshipers in mosques and places of worship will also be maintained.
Those coming to the UAE:
- Must make sure to present an approved QR code- accompanied Covid-19 vaccination certificate containing a QR code
- Unvaccinated travelers have to present an approved negative PCR test result received within 48 hours, or a QR code-accompanied certificate of recovery from a Covid-19 infection obtained within one month from the date of travel.
- Travelers from the UAE have to follow the requirements of medical examinations and vaccinations in place in their countries of destination.
Events & Activities:
- NCEMA stressed the continuity of following the Green Pass requirement, or presenting a negative PCR test result of no more than 96 hours to attend all local events, exhibitions, and cultural and social activities.
- For economic and tourist sectors, physical distancing has been canceled while mask-wearing in closed places is still mandatory.
- The authority announced the return of all sports activities for all age groups, while obligating the public to follow the Green Pass protocol or present a negative PCR of not more than 96 hrs, in addition to maintaining the mandatory wearing of masks in all outdoor and indoor spaces given the turnout found in such activities.
The authority calls on all community members to cooperate and adhere to preventive measures to confront the Covid-19, in order to preserve the gains being witnessed today in terms of recovery, crisis management, and comprehensive community health and safety.
NCEMA stressed that the role of society in the next stage is not less important than the roles and responsibilities of the competent authorities to handle the pandemic, noting that the full return to normalcy requires commitment to preventive measures over the coming period.
New Source: Emirates News Agency