A unique Snorkeling with Piranhas experience at the magical tropical biodome including full-day admission.
All guests will be provided a wet suit and briefed by an expert biologist before getting into the expansive Piranha River Tank for a special feeding session.
Get a close experience with 1000s of red bellied Piranhas as they embark on the ultimate feeding frenzy – devouring full chickens and turkeys with their razor sharp teeth in a matter of minutes as they are lowered into the water.
Don't worry, Piranhas are scavengers and the safety of our encounter participants is intact!
The experience comes complete with full day access to The Green Planet, meaning guests can unwind from their adrenaline rush alongside the bio-dome’s resident sloths, explore The Australian Walkabout, or simply enjoy the wonders of the 3,000 exotic plants and animals that call spectacular bio-dome home.
Some other fun facts about the piranha that you may not believe:
- Piranhas bark!
- The word piranha means “fish tooth”
- Piranhas have lived in South America for millions of years
- Piranha teeth are pretty intense but replaceable
- When hunting prey, piranhas go for the tail and eyes
- Piranhas swim in schools for safety, not strength
The adrenaline-filled experience is limited to four people daily, and available only to people aged six and above with proficient swimming skills. No need for scuba certification or diving abilities as the program is based on surface swimming and snorkeling only.
- Includes Day Ticket to The Green Planet to experience the Tropical Rain-forest with over 3000 plants and animals in the heart of Dubai.
- Includes full access to the Australian Walkabout, Flooded Rainforest, The Forest Floor, The Mid-story and The Canopy.
- Get a close experience with 1000 of red bellied Piranhas on the ultimate feeding frenzy!
- Total experience of Snorkeling with Piranhas is 1 hour between 4 PM to 5 PM.
- Safety briefing at the top of the River Tank while learning how to use gear.
- Feeding the Pacu their fruits and vegetables from the surface, checking out the piranha food from outside the water, and learning about Piranhas.
- Watching the piranha feeding frenzy and then snorkeling along the surface of the tank exploring.
Terms & Conditions:
- General Admission to TGP included in ticket price
- Capacity is 4 guests per day (1 session)
- Bring your swim suit and sandals.
- We will provide you with Wetsuit, Snorkel & Masks during the session which needs to be returned after session.
- Piranhas will be fed 2 meters away from snorkelers at a safe distance.
- Guests will be snorkeling at the surface of the aquarium only (Guest will not be diving down under the water or using scuba gear)
- Session every day runs from 4:00-5:00pm
- Minimum age is 6 years of age
- Includes private change room with lockers and shower.
- Guests must feel confident in the water and be capable of climbing down and up a small ladder
News Source: https://www.thegreenplanetdubai.com/