The inaugural list of Middle East & North Africa's 50 Best Restaurants is revealed in Abu Dhabi, shining a much-deserved spotlight on the region as a world-class culinary destination
- 3 Fils in Dubai, UAE, is named The Best Restaurant in Middle East & North Africa 2022, sponsored by S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna
- Winners represent 11 different countries across the MENA region, from Morocco and Tunisia to Kuwait and Qatar
- Lowe in Dubai, UAE, is awarded the Sustainable Restaurant Award
- Trèsind Studio in Dubai, UAE, wins the Art of Hospitality Award
- Reif Othman of Reif Kushiyaki, Dubai, UAE, is voted by his peers as the winner of the Chefs' Choice Award
- Emirati chef Sahar Parham Al Awadhi takes home the MENA's Best Pastry Chef Award, sponsored by Valrhona
The first Middle East & North Africa's 50 Best Restaurants awards, sponsored by S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna, brought together the culinary luminaries of the restaurant world in Abu Dhabi this evening, February 7th, 2022.
At an event hosted in partnership with the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi, restaurants from 11 countries were voted as the top 50 dining destinations in the Middle East and North Africa, culminating in the announcement of the region's first ever No. 1 restaurant, 3 Fils, whose team took to the stage to accept the award.
Zuma, a Japanese izakaya in Dubai's DIFC, comes in second, followed by OCD Restaurant in Tel Aviv (No.3). With 19 restaurants, the UAE leads the list of countries represented, including three from Abu Dhabi, the host city.
3 Fils, a casual and contemporary restaurant in Dubai's historic Jumeirah Fishing Harbour, was launched in 2016 by two Emiratis and a Singaporean and offers delectable Asian fusion dishes as well as an excellent service style.
William Drew, Director of Content for MENA's 50 Best Restaurants, says:
"It's a great honour to announce that 3 Fils has made it to No.1 in the inaugural Middle East & North Africa's 50 Best Restaurants list. It is a brilliantly executed home-grown restaurant, loved by local residents and visitors alike. This hidden gem prides itself on elevating every dining experience with a sense of comfort, discovery and a shared love of food."
News Source: PR Newswire