Every year, more and more people travel to Dubai to experience its wonders. It is one of the most well-liked tourist attractions in the world because of its gorgeous architecture, and warm weather and it also has some of the most amazing beaches in the region. One of them is Al Sufouh Beach.
Al Sufouh Beach is one of Dubai's real hidden beauties, which is how it got its moniker "Secret Beach." Due to the opulent royal mansion nearby, it is also known as Black Palace Beach. This quiet location is close to Madinat Jumeirah and hidden between the Burj Al Arab and Palm Jumeirah.
It's easy to overlook because it's hidden behind a line of palm trees, but the reconnaissance trip is well worth it. You'll understand why Al Sufouh Beach is among the best places to unwind because it's ideal for a quiet and peaceful day. Take a moment to breathe deeply and enjoy the peace as the waves crash against the shell-covered shoreline.
It is the ideal place to take gorgeous photos of the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah and the Palm Jumeirah, with panoramic views of both.
How can I get to Al Sufouh Beach?
If you aren't searching for it, the entry to this beach is hardly obvious and is simple to overlook. The entrance point is not close to any sizable signboards or notable landmarks. Furthermore, the beach is concealed by several rows of palm trees, with just a little opening for entry in the middle.
A row of palm trees can be seen on Al Sufouh Street, around 2.5 kilometers after Madinat Jumeirah. Car drivers can take the narrow route to the right just after the bus stop after which a sizable sandy area needs to be traversed. Just ahead lies the beach.
Metro riders will find it easiest to get off at Dubai Internet City station or Mashreq station, and from there a taxi ride to the seaside location will not take any longer than 10 minutes.
Is barbecue allowed at Al Sufouh Beach?
Barbecues and bonfires are not permitted at Dubai's public beaches, per Dubai Municipality regulations. Additionally, camping overnight is not authorized at any of the public beaches, including Al Sufouh Beach. Anyone who violates these guidelines is usually subject to a fine.
Is camping allowed at Al Sufouh Beach?
Dubai's public beaches do not permit overnight camping, according to Dubai Municipality. Additionally, grills and bonfires are not allowed on any of the open beaches, including Al Sufouh Beach, to safeguard the safety of all visitors. The consequences of breaking these rules might include penalties.
Is there an entry free for Al Sufouh Beach?
Al Sufouh Beach, which is situated between Palm Jumeirah Island and Burj Al Arab, is open to the public and free to visit but has no facilities like showers. The beach lacks restrooms and eateries. Therefore, it is best to bring water and food with you when you visit here.
Additionally, there are no water sports facilities at Al Sufouh Beach due to the shallow seas. Despite this, the water is quite clean and has excellent underwater visibility. With just a snorkel, you may swim about and appreciate the underwater vistas. You must bring your snorkeling equipment because there is no rental available here. The water is open for swimming till sunset.
This beach area is a tranquil setting for picnics by the sea and provides beautiful views of Palm Jumeirah's skyline.
Secret Beach is around 3000 feet in length and 75 feet in breadth. The majority of the land's surface is made up of fine white sand and black lava rocky sections. The rocky backdrop and the deep blue water in the front make the beach even more solitary and stunning.
Is there parking space at Al Sufouh Beach?
Yes, Al Sufouh Beach has a lot of parking space. Since it is an open beach area, there is no dedicated tarred parking lot there. Visitors can park their cars in the sandy area.
What is the best time to visit Al Sufouh Beach?
Al Sufouh Beach is open all year round, however, most visitors choose to go there in April or May when the temperature is between 25°C and 28°C. If you visit this beach in other seasons, you could find the sand to be blazing hot in the summer or the water to be excessively cold in the winter.
Why should I visit Al Sufouh Beach?
No matter which direction you gaze from Al Sufouh Beach, you can enjoy stunning views of the man-made marvel, the Palm Jumeirah, and the famous sail-shaped emblem of opulence, the Burj Al Arab.
Some people prefer going to Al Sufouh beach for peace, quiet, and privacy. This beach is hardly ever crowded. At times, it could just be you and a few other people on the beach.
Whether it is for young children or adults, swimming is a fantastic activity to enjoy at Al Sufouh Beach. You can safely bring the little ones into the water because it is shallow. You will also be able to locate some good spots for football and beach volleyball.
In a recent study conducted by the luxury travel business Kuoni, Al Sufouh Beach was ranked as the second-most attractive beach in the world.
Rules you must follow at beaches in Dubai:
- Wearing beachwear outside of the beach area is prohibited. Also, refrain from walking in your swimsuit on public streets.
- Wear clothing that offers a bit more coverage than what you would in the west, even while you are at the beach. Also, avoid changing in front of others. Use a big towel as a cover if there are no nearby restrooms with changing facilities.
- Some beaches dedicate one day each week to women only. Men are not permitted on the beaches on such days.
- Public displays of affection are prohibited everywhere.
- It is against the law to consume alcohol in public and you risk being arrested.
- It is illegal to leave trash on beaches. It is a simple technique to incur fines.
- Do not photograph other beachgoers.
- There are just a few places where fishing is permitted. Furthermore, if you want to fish in Dubai, you need a license.
Things to do OR places to visit near Al Sufouh Beach
- Burj Al Arab: The Burj Al Arab is a comprehensive experience that offers access to rooms and suites with varied degrees of comfort, spa facilities, and an action-packed tour of the building that reveals tales of the significant history of this location. It is renowned as a global emblem of genuine Arabian luxury.
- Wild Wadi: Due to Dubai's warm climate, visitors can go to Wild Wadi at any time of year. The family-friendly park features thrilling rides, water slides, and other activities that both children and adults will enjoy.
Also Read: Top Water Parks you must visit in Dubai
- Mall of the Emirates: Mall of the Emirates is home to almost 630 brands. It has department stores, apparel and accessories, sports, electronics, home furnishings, and the city's biggest Carrefour. With exciting attractions and activities like Magic Planet, VOX Cinemas, and Ski Dubai, the mall is the ideal family hangout spot. Additionally, the mall has over 100 restaurants and coffee shops. With more than 80 of the most well-known designer labels in the world, The Mall of the Emirates offers unrivaled elegance. The 5-star Kempinski Mall of the Emirates and the Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel are two hotels that are close to the mall.
- Madinat Jumeirah: Madinat Jumeirah, known as an Arabian mini-city, is the ideal getaway, replete with five-star hotels, lively seaside locations, and elaborate souks. This is the ideal tourist destination with more than 50 different types of restaurants, bars, and lounges spread across 40 hectares of expansive terrain. Experience elegance and leisure by taking a stroll down the pier or taking part in activities by the water.